Why a baby sleeping bag is so important
Research has shown that when using conventional bedding, babies and toddlers tend to get too hot or too cold. Slumbersac's award-winning sleeping bags ensure your little one remains at a constant temperature, eliminating the need for any other top covers, blankets or duvets.
Choosing the right tog for your child
Our baby sleeping bags come in four different togs/weights. The tog or weight of a baby sleeping bag determines how thick it is and therefore how warm it will keep your baby or toddler during the night. The higher the tog rating (weight) the warmer the baby sleeping bag and the lower the tog rating, the cooler the sleeping bag. Please refer to our tog chart above to decide which tog is the best choice for you. The decision depends mainly on the temperature of your child's nursery.
For more detailed information on which tog you should choose for your baby, please visit our Tog page.
The right size
Slumbersac sleeping bags are available in six different sizes, from newborn up until 10 years old. When choosing the right size sleeping bag for your child, it is important to remember that they should be able to kick and wriggle freely in the sleeping bag. Ideally babies feet should be positioned at 3/4 of the sleeping bag, leaving the bottom quarter of the sleeping bag 'empty'.
Please refer to our Sleeping Bag Size Guide Chart below for guidance on which baby sleeping bag you should buy, depending on your child's length and weight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, or find more information on our dedicated Size Guide page.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should buy a Slumbersac sleeping bag.
- Slumbersac has over 15 years' experience, so we know what we're talking about! Our bags our designed for mums, by mums!
- We have a fantastic range of sleeping bags to choose from, in various fun designs, sizes and togs for girls and boys.
- All Slumbersac sleeping bags are rigorously tested, so you can rest assured they are safe for your child.
- They can be machine-washed and tumble-dried.
- Slumbersac sleeping bags are made from 100% pure cotton, making them super-soft and ideal for sensitive baby skin.
- You can add the personal touch to your sleeping bag with our Name Embroidery service. The perfect gift for newborns, birthdays and other special occasions!
- We pride ourselves on providing you with excellent customer service and are on hand to answer any questions you might have relating to your purchase. Please feel free to contact us via email, or telephone (01) 6950020.