Choosing the right sleeping bag for your baby in summer
Research has shown that when using conventional bedding, babies and toddlers tend to get too hot in the warm, summer months. Keeping your little one cool and comfortable while they sleep is essential to reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
Slumbersac's award-winning sleeping bags ensure your little one remains at a constant temperature, eliminating the risk of them overheating.
In very hot temperatures we recommend using our Muslin and Bamboo Muslin Sleeping Bags. Made of a 100% natural material, they are extremely light and naturally breathable, allowing moisture to flow out of the sleeping bag as the air circulates, helping to keep your baby cool and comfortable. And if they are more comfortable, they are less likely to wake in the night!
Choosing the right summer tog for your child
Our summer baby sleeping bags are available in two togs:
Lightweight / approx. 0.5 tog. These bags are completely unpadded and suitable for use in hot summer months and in room temperatures above 24 degrees. Perfect for summer holidays.
Summer weight / approx. 1.0 tog. These bags are slightly padded and suitable for use in warmer rooms with temperatures between 19 and 24 degrees.
For more detailed information on which tog you should choose for your baby, please visit our Tog page.
The right size
Slumbersac summer sleeping bags are available in various sizes, from newborn up until 10 years old. When choosing the right size sleeping bag for your child, it is important to remember that they should be able to kick and wriggle freely in the sleeping bag. Ideally babies feet should be positioned at 3/4 of the sleeping bag, leaving the bottom quarter of the sleeping bag 'empty'.
Please refer to our Sleeping Bag Size Guide Chart below for guidance on which baby sleeping bag you should buy, depending on your child's length and weight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, or find more information on our dedicated Size Guide page.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should buy a Slumbersac Summer Sleeping Bag.
- Slumbersac has over 15 years' experience, so we know what we're talking about! Our bags our designed for mums, by mums!
- We have a fantastic range of summer sleeping bags to choose from, in various fun designs, sizes and togs for girls and boys.
- All Slumbersac sleeping bags are rigorously tested, so you can rest assured they are safe for your child.
- They can be machine-washed and tumble-dried.
- Slumbersac sleeping bags are made from 100% pure cotton, making them super-soft and ideal for sensitive baby skin.
- You can add the personal touch to your sleeping bag with our Name Embroidery service (not available on 0.5 tog sleeping bags). The perfect gift for newborns, birthdays and other special occasions!
- We pride ourselves on providing you with excellent customer service and are on hand to answer any questions you might have relating to your purchase. Please feel free to contact us via email, or telephone (01) 6950020.